Ideal for 7-9th grade level students as a hands-on introductory lab to electrophoresis.
1 MiniLab is for 30-40 students
Students cast their own gels and run real DNA. Results can be visualized within a 45 minute class period. Teach students how to do a semi-log plot of known vs unknown samples.
- Develop an understanding of gel electrophoresis and its principles
- Analyze results and calculate the sizes of unknown charged molecules from given information and experimental data.
- MiniLab components: 10 1% Agarose GreenGel in-a-Cup, 100 ml TBE Concentrate, 3 dye samples, 3 DNA samples, pipette tips, microcentrifuge tubes, a teacher guide & student worksheet
- Supplies and materials enough for 10 runs
- Store at 4°C refrigerator (especially for the DNA samples); GreenGel-in-a-Cup should be protected from light
- Guarantee stable for six months with proper storage