Here’s a fun easy lab you can do with your Life Science and Biology students who are learning about genetics.
MiniLab contains materials for 30-40 students
Taste the PTC paper – Are you a taster?
- Formulate a hypothesis and an experimental method to test it
- Develop an understanding of electrophoresis and genetic principles by using the PTC tasting test
- Use a punnett square to explain experimental result
- Learn to construct a family tree using the genotype and phenotype data
- MiniLab components: 10 2% Agarose GreenGel in-a-Cup, 100 ml TBE Concentrate, 40 pcs PTC test papers, 6 DNA samples, pipette tips, microcentrifuge tubes, a teacher guide & student worksheet
- Supplies and materials enough for 10 runs
- Ready to load DNA samples are convenient for use and are guaranteed for successful experimental result
- Store at 4°C refrigerator (especially for the DNA samples); GreenGel-in-a-Cup should be protected from light
- Guarantee stable for six months with proper storage