MiniOne Electrophoresis System
Electrophoresis in the classroom.
The MiniOne System delivers the complete hands-on electrophoresis experience with real-time visualization of results within a 45-minute class session. The system combines agarose gel electrophoresis and DNA band visualization into one compact package that is efficient and safe to use. Students can make and load gels, view DNA bands separating, and take pictures from their mobile device for lab reports or to share with friends and family. The MiniOne System is the solution that enables you to teach electrophoresis with ease and confidence in the classroom.
Price Starting at: $334.00
Safe, Engaging, and Reliable for the Modern Classroom
MiniOne Electrophoresis System is a safe, classroom-friendly, compact system that replaces your traditional electrophoresis running tank, power supply, and UV transilluminator.
- Interlocking magnet on/off mechanism on the hood and low voltage keeps users safe from electric shock.
- Non-hazardous GelGreen stain fluoresces in blue light, eliminating the need for ethidium bromide and UV.
- Durable graphite electrodes are robust for classroom use.
- Buffer tank, gel tray, and comb fit only the correct way for foolproof set up.
- Ventilated photo hood with optimized focal distance and optimally placed blue LEDs provides clear uniform visualization and ability to photograph with mobile devices.
- NEW – Now comes in a rugged carrying and storage case!
Run & Cast Easily
Making the gel is fast, easy, and economical:
- Microwave two gel cups for 30 seconds and pour each into the gel tray to make two gels simultaneously.
- Minimal agarose and buffer used to cast and run the gel.
Cast Gels Easily Without Leaks or Mess
The casting system of MiniOne Electrophoresis System features:
- Pre-prepared GreenGel Cups, making lab prep simple and fast.
- Drop-and-pour gel trays, which require no tape or gaskets. No more leaks or mess!
- Clear reference point on the gel tray for the combs to prevent bottomless wells.
Error-free Gel Loading
Loading a gel can be challenging, especially when the wells are hard to see. Turning on the blue LEDs provides contrast between the gel and the well so students can see the outline of each well as they are loading.
Observe Real-Time DNA Results
MiniOne Electrophoresis System lets students watch the DNA bands migrate and see their results in real-time. Go from sample to picture-ready results in 20 minutes.