This single user reagent set is prepped for 5 individual workstations.
The ability to taste PTC is a genetic trait, and Jillian has discovered that she is the only non-taster in 3 generations of her family. This lab has your students using Punnett Squares to make predictions about the genotypes of her family members, and using electrophoresis as the evidence to support their reasoning about the genotypes. Students can determine the fragment sizes of the DNA separated by electrophoresis by learning how to set up a standard curve to calculate the sizes of unknowns.
The single user reagent set is pre-aliquoted for an individual workstation making it easy for you to open the pack and start your electrophoresis with even less prep. These activities require a MiniOne Electrophoresis System with p20 pipette (not included).
Single User Reagents for 5 Individual Workstations – Materials included:
- 5 individually aliquoted workstations for Six DNA samples (5 family members plus MiniOne DNA Marker)
- Five each PTC Taste strip and taste control paper
- Five 2% agarose GreenGel™ Cup
- Five backup set of agarose gel cubes
- Five individual tube of TBE Buffer, enough to make 135 mL of 1X running buffer
- Bagged into sets of 5 individual workstations
- One bag of 20 – 200 µL micropipette tips