The Let it Glow™ Bacterial Transformation MiniLab changes the way you run a classic lab activity to teach about central dogma and the basics of genetic engineering. eliminates the need for heat blocks, ice buckets, and petri dishes, instead utilizing the blue light illumination of The Winston Fluorescence Reader to allow students to visualize and document their results. With this package, ideal for customers who already have a MiniOne PCR System or other thermo cycler capable of reaching 4°C*, you’ll have the tools needed to teach about bacterial transformation efficiently and engagingly.
3 Winston™ Fluorescence Readers are included in this package, which can also be used to teach other phenomena, including testing for the presence of DNA, and visualizing dilutions.
*Also can be performed with an ice bucket and water bath in lieu of a thermo cycler.
The Let it Glow Bacterial Transformation MiniLab is ideal for students in advanced and AP Biology, as well as those in a biotech program.
- Let it Glow™ Bacterial Transformation MiniLab (enough for 10 student groups)
- 3 X The Winston™ Fluorescence Readers
- 3 X MiniOne Photo Hoods
- 3 X USB charging cables
Required but not included:
- Thermo cycler capable of reaching 4°C, or an ice bucket and water bath
- MiniOne SpiniOne benchtop microcentrifuge w/ photo hood
- MiniOne Micropipette 2-20 µL, adjustable volume
- MiniOne Micropipette 20-200 µL, adjustable volume