MiniOne GreenGel GelCups are great for saving prep time and visualizing your results right away. Just peel back the cover to vent, microwave for 30 seconds and pour your gel into your casting system. GreenGel GelCups come pre-stained with GelGreen so you don’t have to worry about post-staining and de-staining your gels after class. Throw away the gels in normal trash once you’re done – no hazardous waste.
These GreenGel GelCups are ideal for non-MiniOne Electrophoresis systems that require larger volumes of molten agarose to cast gels for the student activity. 1% GreenGel Cups can be used with MiniOne’s M3001 Electrophoresis 101, M3004 DNA Fingerprinting, M3005 CSI Forensics, M3006 Foodborne Outbreak, M6005 PCR Cycle Number Analysis MiniLabs and our M3052 DNA Investigations Reagent Pack, or other DNA electrophoresis activities that require a 1% agarose gel. TBE Buffer is not included but can be purchased separately, M3101TBE Buffer Concentrate (20X) 500 mL, to make 10 L of running buffer.
Your DNA bands can be visualized and documented using a PrepOne Sapphire and Photo Hood for Smart Devices (M5000).
Each order comes with 12 GreenGel GelCups.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to melt agarose cubes and pour
- Agarose cubes are precut and pre-weighed for quick remelt in microwave
- Each GelCup makes 40 ml of molten agarose for a 1% gel
- 1X concentration of GelGreen DNA stain
- Eliminates the hassles of measuring out ingredients for making an agarose gel
- Store at Store at 4 to 10℃ and protected from light. Do not freeze GelCups.
- Stable for six months with proper storage
- For use on non-MiniOne electrophoresis systems, including those from Edvotek, Carolina, Bio-Rad, and Wards/VWR.