Students can master loading, handling, and dispensing liquids with micropipettes – essential skills in any biotech lab – with the Gel Loading Practice Kit. Required for first-time micropipette users and strongly recommended for anyone who needs practice pipetting.
- Learn how to handle and adjust a variable volume micropipette
- Master pipetting technique with plastic target sheets
- Develop gel loading skills with a practice agar gels. Practice gels have enough wells that every student can practice until they become confident with the technique
- Gels can be fitted inside the MiniOne® carriage for a real-to-life gel loading experience
- Optimal for 6-9th grade or first-time pipette users
- Store in the refrigerator; guaranteed stable for six months with proper storage
Materials included in each MiniLab:
Each MiniLab contains enough materials for 20 workstations, 2 – 3 students per workstation.
- Twenty precast agar gels
- Twenty practice pipetting sheets
- Two tubes of dye samples (10 mL each)
- One bag of 1.7 mL microcentrifuge tubes
- One bag of 2 – 200 µL micropipette tips
- Teacher’s guide
Utilize these teachers guides and classroom handouts to get the most out of your Gel Loading Practice Kit.
* Teachers, please contact us for password to access this file.