Ideal for 9-12th grade Biology and Forensic Science students, this MiniLab contains materials for 10 groups (30-40 students). Using the MiniOne System and this CSI Forensics MiniLab, students get a chance to be crime scene investigators in the classroom.
- Students cast, load, and run agarose gels using DNA from a crime scene, victim, and three suspects
- Logically integrate multiple lines of evidence, including fingerprints, hair samples, and DNA profiling to connect an individual with a crime scene
- Understand the statistical principles of human identification using DNA
- Store in the refrigerator; GreenGel Cups should be left in the original package and protected from light; guaranteed stable for six months with proper storage
Materials Included in Each MiniLab:
Each MiniLab contains enough materials for 10 workstations, 2 – 3 students per workstation.
- Ten 1% agarose GreenGel™ Cups
- Five DNA samples
- One bottle of 100 mL Tris-Borate-EDTA (TBE) buffer concentrate, enough to make 2L of 1X running buffer
- One bag of 0.65 mL microcentrifuge tubes
- One bag of 2 – 200 µL micropipette tips
- Teacher’s guide
Utilize these teachers guides and classroom handouts to get the most out of your CSI Forensics MiniLab.
* Teachers, please contact us for password to access this file.