Ideal for 9-12th grade Biology and Forensic Science students, this MiniLab contains materials for 10 groups (30-40 students). Using the MiniOne System and this CSI Forensics MiniLab, students get a chance to be crime scene investigators in the classroom.
- Students cast, load, and run agarose gels using DNA from a crime scene, victim, and three suspects
- Logically integrate multiple lines of evidence, including fingerprints, hair samples, and DNA profiling to connect an individual with a crime scene
- Understand the statistical principles of human identification using DNA
- Materials for 10 student groups: 1% Agarose GreenGel Cups, 100 ml TBE Concentrate, 5 DNA samples, pipette tips, microcentrifuge tubes, a teacher guide & student worksheet
- Store in the refrigerator; GreenGel Cups should be left in the original package and protected from light; guaranteed stable for six months with proper storage