Kids love making colorful art. In this lab students use drops of color dye to make dots to create their masterpiece. By using a small plastic transfer pipette, even the youngest of students can start developing the mechanics and timing of pipetting – when to push the bulb, when to let it go, and where to put your drop!
In this STEAM activity MiniLab, students practice making pictures on the provided pre-printed card stock and/or make their own images on pre-cut plain cardstock. They can practice their counting skills by counting how many dots of certain sizes they made for their pictures. Best of all they have a beautiful picture to share with friends and family!
The entire lab can be completed in the span of a single classroom period.
Ideal for elementary and middle school students.
Each MiniLab contains enough materials for 20 students
Materials Included in each MiniLab:
- Four color dyes (red, blue, green, yellow)
- 20 plain stock cards for free form art
- 20 stock cards with pre-printed designs
- One Student worksheet with dot tracker and task guide
- Plastic portion cups, enough for 6 per student, 20 students
- 25 Plastic cup for water for rinsing transfer pipettes
- 45 transfer pipettes
Materials/equipment required, not included
- Additional copies of the student worksheet (downloadable- coming soon!)